Microsoft word - cv.prof.omer.doc
Omer Ahmed Mirghani Osman
Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira,
MB, BS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery), University of Khartoum,
MRCOG (Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists),
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
1. Awarded 12 months scholarship from Ministry of Health, Sudan to prepare for
higher degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MRCOG; United Kingdom,
2. Awarded two weeks period of study from John Hopkin’s International
Programme in Obstetrics & Gynaecology JHPIEGO. Study of recent advances
in reproductive health; the reproductive Health Training programme in the
department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, El Azahr School of Medicine. The
training programme was conducted by the International Islamic Center for
Population Studies and Research, School of Medicine, El Azhar University,
Egypt, in association with JHPIEGO in the period 4-15 October 1980. The
training programme included practical training in Laparoscopic procedures.
3. Awarded one month of study course from the World Health Organization
(WHO): Academic skills for Medical School Faculty in Reproductive Health
John Hopkin’s Programme for International Education in Gynaecology and
Obstetrics JHPIEGO, John Hopkin’s School of Medicine- Baltimore- USA,
May 6-31, 1985. It was an intensive course in recent advances in reproduction,
current and recent methods of contraception, medical education and statistics.
During the course I presented a paper: “Female Circumcision in Sudan”
4. Member of the Interregional Meeting in Technical Collaboration among
Training Institutions in developing countries in strengthening Primary Health
Care Management Training, WHO Andriga Stampor School of Public Health-
Dubrounik – Yugoslavia- 18-24 April, 1983.
5. Member of the annual Meeting and Conference of the Association of Medical
Schools in Africa AMSA: Role of Medical Schools in health care delivery
systems in Africa. Algiers 1-6 September 1984. WHO.
Presented a paper: Gezira School of Medicine and its role in health care
6. Participant in the biennial meeting of the Network of Community Oriented
Education Institutions for Health Sciences, Pataya- Thailand Sept. 1989.
7. Member of the Network of Community Oriented Institutions: Task force on
Training and Evaluation of Students in Community settings. Ismailia, Egypt
The task force was responsible for preparing guidelines on educational
activities on community health care settings in community oriented based
8. Participant in the workshop: Intercountry Group meeting on Task Based
Community Oriented Approaches in Health – Gezira Medical School – Sudan,
9. Participant in the workshop: Workshop on Statistical Methods in Survey
Research. WHO; Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira- Wad Medani –
10. Participant in the workshop: National Workshop on the concept of Risk
Approach in Maternal and Child Health and Family Planning- WHO, Wad
11. Member of the Scientific Council of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Arab Board
for Medical Specializations. Annual Meeting, Aman - Jordan, May 12-
12. Member of the Scientific Council Obstetrics & Gynaecology – Arab Board for
Medical Specializations. Annual Meeting, Aman – Jordan – May 15-17,1992.
13. Member of the Organization Committee for the Workshop: National
Workshop in Problem Based Learning for Sudanese Medical Schools. Faculty
of Medicine, University of Gezira- in Collaboration with WHO. Faculty of
Medicine, Wad Medani, Sudan, 15-16 July, 1992. Conducted the session:
14.Member of the Congress of Obstetrical and Gyneacological Society of the
Presented a paper: Eclampsia in Dongla Hospital
Presented a paper: MCH undergraduate training in Gezira
Presented a paper: A community based study on the incidence
and aetiology of maternal mortality in Gezira province – Sudan.
Presented paper: Viral Hepatitis with pregnancy.
Presented a paper: Experience with 703 Laparoscopies in Wad
15. Participant in the Symposium: Malaria with pregnancy. Organized by the
Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of The Sudan – Khartoum Feb . 1992.
Presented a paper : the Use of Quinine Hydrochloride during pregnancy.
16. Participant in the Symposium : Rheumatic Heart Disease. Faculty of
Medicine, Wad Medani Sudan. Presented a paper: Rheumatic Heart Disease
17. Awarded 2 weeks Scholarship from WHO for attending an Interregional
Course on Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative -Irbid Jordan 1990.
18. Participant in the Network Meeting of Community Oriented Education
Institutions for Health Sciences- Sweden. 1994. Presented a paper- MD in
19. Participant in the meeting of the WHO Collaborative Centres in the Eastern
Mediterranean Rogion Cairo-Egypt. Presented a paper on the EDC-Faculty
20. Participant in: Quality of Higher Education the 5th conference of the College
of Education.Kingdom of Bahrain 11-13 April 2005. Presented a paper on
Accreditation of the Faculty of Medicine- University of Gezira.
21. Participant in: Consultation on the development of guidelines for the
establishment, promotion and networking of educational development
centres in the Eastern Mediterranean Region- Manama Bahrain 12-21 Dec
22. Attended the course: Advanced life support in Obstetrics (ALSO), American
26 to 28 March 2007. EDC Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira- Wad
Awarded a certificate of course completion- passed an approved ALSO
23. Participant in: Medical Education. The Second International Conference in
the Sudan. Khartoum – Sudan March 21-26.2007. Faculty of Medicine
University of Khartoum. Presented a paper
24. Participant in: course on Methods of evaluation
- students assessment and programme evaluation.
Academy of Medical Sciences and Technology Khartoum 2007.
March 1982- May 1986: Lecturer in Obstetrics & Gyneacology, Faculty of
Medicine, University of Gezira – Sudan.
10 May 1986- May 1992:Associate professor in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty
of Medicine, University of Gezira – Sudan.
Professor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Faculty of
1. Clerkship in Obstetrics & Gynaecology:
- Member of the Founding Committee of the course
- Co-ordinator of the course for 5 years
- Tutor in the course from Batch one up till this date
- Contributed in the Preparation of the Course.
3. Primary Health Care Center Practice & Family Medicine (PHCCP & FM)
4. Field Training Research & Rural Development Programme (FTRRDP)
– Co-ordinator for one batch; phase I,II ,III.
5. Clerkship in primary Health Care Course:
6. Problems of the Genito- Urinary System Course:
7. Participating in the teaching of the courses:
- Introduction to Medicine and Study of Medicine
- Diploma in public Health (postgraduate)
8. Postgraduate studies in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira, Sudan.
- Member of the Postgraduate Council in the Faculty of Medicine. The
council is responsible of all the postgraduate studies; planning:
Prepared the draft of the postgraduate regulations in the faculty.
- Founded the MD in Obstetrics & Gyneacology Curriculum; adetailed
Curriculum including the Objectives, Plan of work, resources needed,
detailed schedules for the whole period of training and a plan of evaluation
Co-ordinator of the MD Programme in Obstetrics& Gynaecology
9. Tutor and Examiner in the Reproductive Health course – Population
Center- Faculty of Economics University of Gezira.
External examiner in the final examination in Obstetrics and gynaecology as
the Sudan Medical Council representative
10.1. University of Kassala- Faculty of Medicine
10.2. University of Gadarif - Faculty of Medicine
10.3. University of Sennar- Faculty of Medicine
10.4. University of Imam ElMahdi - Faculty of Medicine
10.5. University of Shendi - Faculty of Medicine
10.6. University of Khartoum - Faculty of Medicine
10.7. University of Rabat - Faculty of Medicine
10.9. International African University –Faculty of Medicine
10.10. University of Bakht El Ruda- Faculty of Medicine
10.11. Um EL Gura University Faculty of Medicine Mecca-Saudi Arabia.
11.1. External examiner in the Final Examination of the Master in Obstetrics
and Gynaecology University of Khartoum.
11.2. External examiner in the final Examination of the MD in Obstetrics and
11.3. External examiner in the Final Examination of the MD/ fellowship in
Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Sudan National Council of Medical
11.4. External examiner of the MD thesis in Obstetrics and Gynacology (by
Research); the use of Misoprostol for the prevention of Postpartum
7 March 2007. University of Khartoum- Sudan
11.5. External examiner for the MD thesis in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (by
Research); the incidence of anaemia in pregnant and non pregnant
Yemeni women in the Sana'a area. Candidate Maher Khalid Al Sakkaf.
Feb 2002. University of Khartoum Sudan.
11.6. External Examiner : Fellowship of Pakistan College of Physicians and
Surgeons in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
11.7. External Examiner : MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Faculty of
Enviroment and Health – University of Gezira.
11.8. External Examiner :Master in Reproductive Health. Center of Population
studies. Faculty of economics University of Gezira. Caesarean section in
12. Reviewer for the Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal.
13. Internal Examiner. MD in obstetrics and Gynaecology Faculty of Medicine-
Gestational tropblastic disease in Wad Medani Hospital Dr. Zeinab Bella
Caesarean section in Wad Medani Hospital Abdul Bagi Amin
Management of infertility in Wad Medani Hospital Nagat Babiker.
Deep vein thrombosis in the puerperium WTH Abdul Rahim Haggaz.
Ectopic pregnancy in WTH; incidence aetiology management and complications
Breech Presentation; incidence management and outcome.Amin Elkhair
Multiple pregnancy; incidence, management and outcome.Bona Zoba
Methyldopa versus no treatment in mild pre- eclampsia El Hassan Mohammed El
Active management of third stage of labour Yasir Mohamed El Hassan
Pattern of sexually transmitted diseases in Wad Medani Town. Ali El
Management of malignant ovarian tumours
Obstructed labour; etiology, clinical features and management
Course of labour in women under 20 years
Fibroid, clinical features, diagnois and management
14. First Supervisor MD thesis in Obstetrics and Gynaecology University of
14.1. Gestational Trophblastic Disease Zeinab Bella El Tayib
14.2. Caesaream section in Wad Medani Hospital Abdul Bagi Amin
14.3. Management of infertility in WTH Nagat Babiker.
14.4. Deep vein thrombosis in the Rurperium in WTH Abdul Rahim D.
14.5. Maternal Mortality in WTH Mahadi Bushra.
14.6. Ectopic pregnancy in Wad Medani Hospital; incidence, aetiology,
management and complications. WTH Eid Alla Himoudi El Sadig.
14.7. Breech presentation; incidence, management and outcome WTH.Amin
14.8. Multiple pregnancy; incidence, management and complications
14.9. Methyldopa versus no reatment in mild pre-eclampsia WTH.
14.10. Pattern sexually transmitted diseases in Wad Medani
14.11. Active management of third stage of labour WTAH
14.12. Malaria prophylaxis during pregnancy in primigracidae using
sulphadoxine- pyrimethamine in Wad Medani- Sudan 1999-2000
14.13. Management of malignant ovasian tumours in WTH
14.14. Obstructed labour, clinical features, aetiology and management WTH
14.15. Course of labour in women under 20 yers WTH
14.16. Fibroids; complications, diagnosis and management
15. First supervisor of MD Thesis in Obsttrics and Gynaecology- Faculty of
15.2. The use of quinine during pregnancy
15.3. Ceftriaxone versus triple (gentamycin- metronidazole ampicillin) as
prophylaxis in elective caesarean section. WTH
15.4. Biochemical changes in pre-eclampsia WTH
15.5. Complications of grandmaltipara WTH
16. Participant in the Workshop “Barakat workshop for evaluation of the faculty
of Medicine Curriculum.it was the first evaluation of the School Curriculum.
Organized by Faculty of Medicine, Barakat, Sudan,1983.
17. Member of the Organization Committee for Workshop “ Second Workshop of
evaluation of Faculty of Medicine Curriculum” Imperial Hotel, Wad Medani,
Sudan, 8-14 August 1989. presented one the key note papers “ Curriculum
18. Member of the programme Evaluation Committee (PEC) Faculty of Medicine,
University of Gezira. Sponsored by WHO. Wad Medani, Sudan, July 1986-
December 1987. The Committee prepared a comprehensive scientific
evaluation for the whole programme and submitted it to the faculty. I
contributed by conducting the evaluation of the students’ training in the
Health centers in Wad Medani Town. “Health Center Observation Visit”.
19. Member of the Arabinization Committee of the Faculty of Medicine. Member
of the Organization Committee of all the Arabinization workshops (3). Faculty
20. Member of the Organization Committee of the Faculty Workshop “ Increasing
21. Faculty of Pharmacy- Gezira University Chairman of the University
Committee which prepared the whole structure of the faculty of pharmacy-
innovative curriculum and resources needed, Wad Medani, Sudan.
CLINICAL POSITIONS HELD :
April 1970 – April 1971 :
Internship at Khartoum Teaching Hospital (KTH) ,
Sudan. Worked in the departments of general medicine,
general Surgery, Obstetrics & gynaecology and
Full permanent registration of the Sudan General
April 1971- October 1971: Medical Officer in the department of general surgery,
Wad Medani Teaching Hospital, Sudan. Total number
of beds in the consultant’s unit were 60 beds.
Medical officer in the department of general medicine
and pediatrics, Wad Medani Teaching Hospital, Sudan.
Total number of beds in the consultant’s unit were 70
April 1972- August 1973 : Medical Officer in charge of Raja district Hospital, Bahr
El Gazal Province, Southern region, Sudan. Single
Doctor hospital with 40 beds serving all the Raja
August 1973-Agust 1975: Selected Registrar in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ministry
Enrolled in the registrar rotational scheme and worked
as a resident registrar in the departments of Obstetrics &
gynaecology; Khartoum Teaching Hospital (one year),
Om Durman maternity Hospital (6 months) and
Khartoum North Teaching Hospital (6 months).
November 1976- August 1977: Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Om
Durman Maternity Hospital, Sudan. Total number of
Consultant Obstetrician Gynecologist Dongla province Hospital, Northern
Province, Sudan. Served as the Single Consultant in the department of
Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Dongla Hospital is a referral hospital serving all
the Northern province. The total number of beds in the hospital was 200; 60 of
them in the Obstetrical & Gynaecological department. There were four other
consultants in the hospital; physician, ENT and an ophthalmologist. The total
number of deliveries in the department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology was
Consultant Obstetrician Gynaecologist, Wad Medani Teaching Hospital,
Sudan. The total number of beds in the hospital is 900. It is the main central
State Hospital including all discipline of medicine. The total number of beds
in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology is 120; total number of
deliveries per year is 3000- 4000. It is well equipped department serving Wad
Medani town and the rural areas around it and at the same time receiving
referral cases from the rural and provincial hospitals in the central state. There
are 6 consultants, 6 registrars and 10 house officers. My unit has a total
number of beds30; tow registrars and two house officers.
CLINICAL POSITION HELD IN UNITED KINGDOM:
1. Senior House officer in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, West Middlesex Hospital,
2. Registrar in obstetrics & Gynaecology, West Middlesex Hospital, London,
3. Registrar in obstetrics & Gynaecology, West Middlesex Hospital, London,
Full responsibility of patients in the Consultant unit (40 beds) including
West Middlesex Hospital is a teaching hospital of 1000 beds.
1. Senior medical Officer, Raja District Hospital, Bahr El Gazal province, Sudan.
2. Director General of Dongla Hospital, Northern province, Sudan Jan. 1981-
3. Established the Department of Obstetrics& Gynaecology, Faculty of
Medicine, University of Gezira, Sudan, November1987.
4. Head Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine,
University of Gezira, Sudan, 6 years. November 1987- Date. Appointed for
5. Member of the faculty Board, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira,
6. Member of the University sennate, Gezira University, Sudan.
7. Member of the Ford Foundation Grant to the Faculty of Medicine Gezira
8. Member of Wad Medani Hospital Board, 1982-1989.
9. Head Department of the Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department, Wad Medani
10. Director: Educational Development and Research Center, WHO collaborative
11. Chairman of the Reproductive Council- Gezira state
12. Member of the Gezira University Council
13. Member of the Scientific Committee- Sennate Sub Committee
14. Member of the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Committee- Sudan General
15. Chairman of the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Hospital- Wad Medani
16. Member of the Sudan National for Medicine Specialization
17. Editor –in – Chief Gezira Journal of Health Sciences
1. Sudan Medical Association since 1970.
2. Obstetrical and Gyneacological Society of the Sudan since 1976 .
3. Member of the Sudan Representative Committee for the Royal College of
Obstetricians & Gynecologists, 1985-1991.
1. Mirghani OA.
Eclampsia in Dongla hospital- Sudan. Sudan Medical Bulletin.
2. Mirghani OA
, Saeed OK, Basama FM. Viral hepatitis in pregnancy- Wad
Medani Hospital. East African Medical Journal 1992 69(8): 445-449.
3. Mirghani OA
, Magzoub MEMA. A community Based survey on the
incidence and Aetiology of Maternal Mortality in Gezira Province- Sudan.
Saudi Medical Journal 1992, 13 (3): 249-253.
4. Mirghani OA
, el Amin EO, Ali ME, Osman HS, Hamad B. A combined
course of primary health care practice and family medicine at the University of
Gezira Med Edu, 1988, Jul: 22(4): 314-16.
5. Mirghani OA
, Maternal and Child Health Training at the Gezira Medical
School. Annals of Community Oriented Education 1993, vol6 163-172.
6. Taha AZ, Mirghani OA
.Community Health in a rural area of Sudan. Journal
of community health. 1990.15(4): 267-274
7. Mirghani OA
, Magzoub MEMA. Perinatal Mortality in Wad Medani
Hospital. Saudi Medical Journal 1996. Vol 17(5): 633-639.
8. Mirghani OA
. Saeed OK. A simplified management of diabetic pregnant
women. Saudi Med J 2000 Apr 21 (4): 3335-9.
9. Elhassan EM, Mirghani OA
, Habour AB, Adam1. Methyldopa VS no drug
treatment in the management of mild pre- eclampsia. East Afr Med J 2002 Apr
10. Mirghani OA
, Babiker MY. Experience with gnaecological laparoscpies in
Wad Medani Hospital Sudan. East Afr Med J. 1999 Jul 76 (7): 390-5
11. el- Abdeen Taha AZ, Mirghani OA
. A pilot study on family spacing attitudes
and practices in rural Gezira. Contraception 1991 Apr 43 (4): 353-9.
12. Mirghani OA
. The use of Quinine Dihydrochloride during pregnancy- a
hospital based study. Sudan Medical Journal 1993 vol 31(2):16-31.
13. Mirghani OA
, El Sanousi M, Habour AB et at Accreditation of the Faculty of
Medicine- University of Gezira, Pilot study.
14. Miskeen HI, Mirghani OA
, EL Sanousi M, Hessain AH. Assessment of the
available resources- all hospitals in Gezira State (40) Sudan.
15. El Sanousi M, Mirghani OA
, Sid Ahmed MA, Bashar Z. Training course on
delivery care and neonatal care in rural hospitals, Gezira State. Sudan.
16. Mirghani OA
, El Sanousi M, Students assessment in the Faculty of Medicine
University of Gezira GJHS 2006 Vol 2 (1).
17. Mirghani OA
. Future of Medical Education.GJHS 2003 Vol (1):1-2
18. Elgack Suleiman IE, Mohamadani AA, Mirghani OA
. GJHS 2003 Vol 1 (1):
72-82. Malaria prophylaxis during pregnancy in primigravida using
supladoxine – pyrimethamine in Wad Medani – Sudan (1999-200)
19. Mirghani OA
, Post caesarean section infection JGHS 2003 Vol 1 (1): 83-107.
20. Miskeen El, Mirghani OA
, Malaria in Pregnancy, Wad Medani Maternity
21. Mirghani OA
, El Sanousi M. Problem Based Learning in the Faculty of
Medicine University of Gezira. GJHS 2007 Vol 3 No (1).
22. El Sanousi M, Mirghani OA
. Malaria and Maternal Mortality in Gezira State-
23. Haggaz AARD, Mirghani OA
, Adam 1. Venous thromboembolism in
pregnancy and the puerperium in Sudanese women Int J Gynaecol Obstet.
24. Fadalla FA, Mirghani OA
, Adam 1. Oral Misoprostol Vs Vaginal misoprostal
for termination of pregnancy with intrauterine fetal demise in the second
trimester Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 Jul 86 (1): 52-3.
25. Eh Hassan M, Mirghani OA
, Adam1. Intravaginal Misoprostol as cervical
ripening and labor inducing agents. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 58 (2004): 285-286.
26. Ahmed ET, Mirghani OA
, Gerais AS, Adam 1. Ceftriaxone VS ampicillin
/cloxacillin as antibiotic prophylaxis in elective caesarean section. East
Mediterr Health J. 2004, 10 (3): 277-88.
27. Adam 1, Mirghani OA
, Saed OK, Ahmed SH, Mohamadani AA, Ahmed
HM, Mackenize CD, Homeida MM, El Bashir MI. Quinine therapy in server
Plasmodium falciparum malaria during pregnancy in Sudan. East Mediterr
28. Elhassan EM, Mirghani OA
, Adam1. Misoprostol VS oxytocin for induction
of labour Int J Gynaecol Obset 2005 91 (3): 254-5.
29. Elhassan EM, Mirghani OA
, Adam 1. Cervical ripening and labour induction
with 25 microg VS 50 microgrog of intra-vaginal misoprostol. Int J Gynaecol
30. Elhassan EM, Mirghani OA
, Adam 1. Intravaginal misoprostol VS
dinoprostone as cervical ripening and labour inducing agents. INt J Gynaecol
PAPERS PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES:
1. Mirghani OA, Babiker My, Saeed ok: Experience with 703 Laparoscopies in
Wad Medani Hospital using Ketamine (ketalar) as a general anaesthetic.
Congress of the Obstetrical ad Gynaecological Society of the Sudan. Feb
2. Mirghani OA, Abdul Gabar IK. The use of Quinine Dihydrochloride during
Malaria Symposium, Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society of the Sudan.
3. Assessment of students in the Faculty of medicine University of Gezira.
Conference on students evaluation in University of Gezira- University of
4. Curriculum development: Key note paper Second Workshop on Programme
Evaluation of the Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira Imperial Hotel-
5. A postgraduate training programme in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Faculty of
Medicine – University of Gezira. Network meeting 1994 Sweden.
6. Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira and its role in health care delivery
system. Annual Meeting and Conference of the Association of Medical
Schools in Africa AMSA Algiers 1-6 September 1984.WHO.
7. Eclampsia in Dongla Hospital. Congress of Obstetrical and Gynaecological
Society of the Sudan- Khartoum Feb 1981.
8. Maternal Childhealth training in the curriculum of the Faculty of Medicine
9. A community based study on the incidence and aetiiology of maternal
10. Viral hepatitis in pregnancy in Wad Medani Hospital.
11. Rheumatic heart disease in pregnancy Symposium- Rheumatic heart disease
12. The Role of the Educational Development Centre and Research. Faculty of
Medicine U.O.G in Health care Delivery in the Sudan. Eastern Mediterranean
Region Meeting of the WHO collaborative Centers-Cairo Egypt.
13. Accreditation of the Faculty of Medicine U.O.G. Quality of Higher Education.
The 5 th conference of the College of Education. Bahrain April 2005.
14. Educational development and research center Faculty of Medicine U.O.G.
Meeting: Consultation on the development of guideling for the establishment,
promotion and networking of EDCs in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
15. Accreditation of the Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira.
Medical Education. The Second international conference in the Sudan Faculty
16. Criteria for selecting an evaluation method - Course: Methods of evaluation
Academy of medical sciences and Technology
EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH CENTER: DIRECTOR
AND MAIN SUPERVISOR OF COURSES AND WORKSHOPS.1996-2007
Director of the Educational Development and Research Center FMUG 1996-2007.
List of courses and workshops; written, organized, supervised and tutored.
Organized, supervised and Tutored the following .
1. Workshop on problem Based Learning (1996)
2. Workshop on Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Training Programme (3)
3. Workshop on Curriculum Development for Nurse Midwifery School(1996)
4. Workshop on Gezira State Health Insurance I (1997)
5. Workshop on Gezira State Health Insurance II(1998)
6. Workshop on Evaluation of Arabization of Faculty of Medicine University of
7. Workshop on Curriculum development for postgraduate in forensic Medicine
for Sudan National Board for Medical Specialization (1997)
8. Workshop on Curriculum development for Faculty of Applied Medical
9. Work shop on development of a curriculum for Medical Assistants(1997)
10. Workshop on development of curriculum For Faculty of Medicine- Sennar
11. Workshop on development of curriculum for Faculty of Medicine –
International University of Africa (1998)
12. Workshop on Training and development of paramedicals (1998)
13. Workshop on Leadership Development of Community Health Professionals
14. Teaching Methods Training Course- 7 days (1999)
15. Evaluation Methods Training Course- 7 days (1999)
16. Educational Planning of Community Oriented Medical School Training
17. Workshop on Malaria University of Gezira Initiative (200).
18. Workshop on Curriculum Revision of Faculty of Medicine University of
19. Workshop on Comprehensive Programme Evaluation-Faculty of Medicine
20. Workshop on Reproductive Health (2000)
21. Workshop on Student Leadership Development (2000)
23. Preparation of Questionnaires for the Sudan Medical Council (2001)
24. Review of anaesthesia curriculum of the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences
25. Institutionalization of medical Education and Health Services partnership
26. Design of Faculty of Medicine, University of Gezira Examination Office
27. Standard Management of Obstetrical & Gynaecological Emergencies in Rural
Hospital- Training Course 2 weeks. Medical Officers
28. Standard Management of Obstetrical & Gynaecological Emergencies in the
Community- Training Course I weeks. Health visitors
29. Curriculum development for Faculty of Dentistry, University of Gezira
30. Workshop on Innovative Curriculum development Faculty of Dentistry
31. Report on Continuous Evaluation of Students for University of Gezira (2002).
32. Accreditation of Medical Schools in the Sudan Project Nov 2001-Aug
2004.Comprehensive system of accreditation of Medical Schools in the Sudan
adopted and implemented by the General Medical Council of the Sudan.
33. Curriculum Development Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences University
of Gadarif Sudan 26.9.2002-17.9.2003. A community Oriented Problem
based integrated curriculum. A credit hours system of evaluation. Fully
34. Curriculum Development Diploma in Nursing Faculty of Applied Medical
Sciences, University Of Gezira 1.9.2003-2.12.2003. Acurriculum in diploma
in nursing.5 semesters, 60% practical and 40% theoretical. A dopted by
35. The Obstetrical and Gynecological Society of the Sudan 20th conference. Safe
Motherhood initiative; Malaria a major cause of Maternal Mortality.
In collaborations with the State Government, State Ministry of Health and
Faculty of Medicine University of Gezira (Wad Medani) Feb 2004
The conference was organized for the first time outside Khartoum.
The main outcomes were clear recommendations about the management and
The proceedings of the conference were published in the Gezira Journal of
36. Workshop on community oriented medical education. Faculty of
Medicine and Health Sciences University of Bakht El Ruda
- A revised and developed curriculum. A detailed community oriented
- Teachers and students oriented in curriculum planning, instructional
37. Training course in Epidemiology Canadian Reach for Higher Education .
Professor Robert A. Spasoff. (EDC-FMUG)
A five days training course in Epidemiology; basic and modern. Academic staff
and post graduate students skilled in epidemiology.
38. Workshop on curriculum development of the faculty of Medicine University
(Imam El Mahdi University – Kosti) June 2004.
A revised and developed curriculum of El Imam El Mahdi Faculty of Medicine.
A detailed community oriented, problem based integrated curriculum. A new
system of evaluation for the whole University. Teachers and students oriented in
39. Workshop on Reproductive Health contents in the curricula of National Medical
/Health Faculties and Institutes (Ahfad University Omdurman May 2004)
Experience of FMUG in including the contents of reproductive health was
presented and it formed the bases of the recommendations of the workshop.
40. Protocol for management of Breast Cancer 15.4.2004 -8.7.2004
A detailed protocol for management of breast cancer is now adopted nationally.
41. Safe Motherhood and Childhood Project Gezira State Sudan
A comprehensive detailed project of which includes, the objectives, the standards,
the strategies, the plan of work, the detailed budget and a system of monitoring
The draft was prepared by the EDC FMUG. It took 7 months to prepare the draft.
In addition to the core staff of the EDC, 20 experts in reproductive health
contributed in the preparation of the project daft.
The final version of the project is now in the implementation phase 5 years.
42. Teaching methods Training course (EDC FMUG) Teachers trained in innovative
teaching methods; developing, using and evaluating them Oct 2004 .
43. Evaluation methods Training course. Teachers trained in innovative methods of
evaluation; construction, use and evaluation Oct 2004.
44. The National programme for Training of Health Professionals (Sudan
Declaration). Development of 16 Curriculae of Health Professionals
EDC FMUG. 15 curricula of health professionals diplomas and one curriculum of
Bachelor in Anaeshesia. nursing , medical assistants-general , medical assistants–
ophthalmology , theatre attendance, theatre attendance-ophthalmology , refraction
, midwifery , physiotherapy , dentistry , medical assistant- dentistry , sanitary
overseers , psychiatry, health statistics, medical laboratories, pharmacy, and a
curriculum of Batcholer in anaesthesia 7.5.2005 to 27.7.2005
45. Instructional Methods Training Course
EDC FMUG. Teachers trained in innovative teaching methods; developing using
46. Evaluation Methods Training Course EDC FMUG. Teachers trained in innovative
methods of evaluation; construction, use and evaluation May 2005.
47. Total Quality Management (TQM) Proposals
EDC FMUG. Proposals for establishing a TQM unit in the University of Gezira
48. Workshop on Evidence Based Medicine (EBM)
EDC FMUG. Teachers of the FMUG oriented in EBM and internet July 2005.
49. Standard management of Obstetrical and Gynaecological Training Course
EDC FMUG Wad Medani Hospital for Obst Gyn. Medical officers capable of
managing emergencies of obstetrics and Gynaecology and neonates by themselves
50. Educational Planning Training Course Oct 2005
EDC FMUG. All academic staff members of the Faculty of Applied Medical
Sciences (U of G)trained in curriculum planning, instructional methods and
51. Workshop on student's Assessment in the Faculty of Medicine University of
- Accademic staff members trained in writing MCQs (True /False type and One
- Recommendation: continue with True/False type with penalty
- Design of a system of continuous evaluation FMUG.
52. 1.Academic Advisory system and students Support (workshop) June 2006
-Comprehensive system of Academic Advising and students Support.
53. Problem based learning (workshop) Teachers oriented in PBL April 2006
54. Faculty of Veterinary University of Gezira.curriculum Development (workshop)
June 2006 Faculty of veterinary curriculum. Now implemented.
55. Sudanese population Network (meeting)SPN. SPN participation in the safe
56. Faculties of Medicine of western Kurdofan curriculum development and mini
workshops as instructional methods of evaluation (workshop).Dec 2006.
- Teachers oriented in curriculum development and methods of instructions and
FIRST SUPERVISOR IN MD THESIS IN OBSTETRIC AND
GYNACOLOGY- UNIVERSITY OF GEZIRA FOR THE FOLLOWING
1. Gestational trophoblastic disease in Wad Medani Hospital
2. Caesarean section in Wad Medani Hospital
3. Management of infertility in Wad Medani Hospital
4. Deep vein thrombosis in the puerperium in WTH
5. Maternal Mortality study in WTH – hospital based
6. Ectopic pregnancy in WTH; Incidences, aetiology, management and
7. Breech presentation, incidence, management and outcome
8. Multiple pregnancy, incidence, management and complication
9. Methyldopa versus no treatment in mid per – eclampsia
10. Pattern of sexually transmitted Diseases in Wad Medani Town
11. Active management of third stage of labour
12. Malaria prophylaxis during pregnancy in primigravida using supladoxine –
pyrimethamine in Wad Medani – Sudan (1999-200)
13. Community Based management of infertility
14. Management of Malignant Ovarian Tumours in WTH
Aetiology, clinical features and management of obstructed labour
15. Course of labour in women under 20 years
FIRST SUPERVISOR OF THESIS IN OBS & GYNAEY FACULTY OF
MEDICINE – UNIVERSITY OF KHARTOUM
24. Coftriaxane versus triple (gentamycine – metronidazole ampicillin) as
prophylaxis in elective casaream section – Randomized controlled study
25. Biochemical Changes in pre-eclampsia
Glossary of terms relating to mental hospitals, Western Australia Antipsychotic A class of drugs developed in the early 1950s which seemed to control the more distressing symptoms of psychotic illness. The first modern antipsychotic was chlorpromazine . Bromo-chloral, pot. brom chloral A combination of chloral hydrate and potassium bromide, used as a sedative in general, maternity
Unit P9, 13/F, Kwun Tong Industrial Centre, Phase 1, 472-484 Kwun Tong Road, Kln. Euromi Peeling with TCA: The Step Peel concept Step Peel is a specific and progressive peel concept. It is recommended that you use European Pharmacopoeia quality trichloroacetic acid in a solution with ultra pure distilled water in a mass and mass concentration in a glass bottle opaque to light. The bottle