Mais la polymyxine n'est pas du tout absorbée dans le sang du système gastro-intestinal et n'a d'effet que dans l'intestin et est utile pour le traitement des infections intestinales azithromycine prix Internet en y faisant des achats permettant d’économiser jusqu'à soixante-dix pour cent, tout en étant sûr de la qualité des produits pharmaceutiques.
Dr. BASAVARAJU MANU
http://www.nitk.ac.in/show/basavaraju-manu PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, NITK Surathkal (October 2009–
present). Since 2008: h-index:3 and i-10 index:3
Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, NITK Surathkal (December 2007 –
Reader, Department of Civil Engineering, MIT Manipal (August 2007- December 2007)
Lecturer, Department of Civil Engineering, MIT Manipal (February 2006- July 2007) TEACHING AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
My teaching and research interests include (i) Principles of environmental engineering,
(ii) Application of biological processes and advanced oxidation processes for water and
wastewater treatment and (iii) Environmental management system
B.TECH., M.TECH. and PH.D. THESIS GUIDANCE
1 completed and 5 ongoing. M.Tech. Thesis
32 completed and 7 ongoing. B.Tech. Major Project
7 completed (25 students) and 3 ongoing (12 students)
Doctor of Philosophy (2006): Center for Environmental Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India. Title of thesis is “Sequential Anaerobic-Aerobic Treatment of Azo Dye Wastewater”. Master of Technology (2000): Center for Environmental Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India M.Tech thesis on “Physico-Chemical Treatment of Denim Process Wastewaters.” Result: Cumulative Performance Index (CPI): 8.42/10 (First class with distinction) Bachelor of Engineering (1996): Department of Civil Engineering, Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan, Karnataka, India. Project: “Layout, Analysis and Design of a Multi-Storeyed High School Building”. Result: Passed in First class with distinction (77%)
Date of birth: 10/02/1974
Place of birth: T.Narasipur, Mysore district, Karnataka, India
Marital status: Married (Two sons)
Languages known: English, Kannada and Hindi (to read and write) ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS
1. MHRD, GOI Fellowship for pursuing masters degree during July1998-January2000
2. MHRD, GOI Fellowship for pursuing doctoral studies during January2000-
3. Merit incentive award for securing highest marks in an elective in final semester B.E
examination – Industrial Wastes and Air Pollution. PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
1. Visited Professor Eakalak Khan, Environmental Engineering Division of North Dakota
State University (NDSU), Fargo, North Dakota, USA during November 16 – December
01, 2008 as a part of research interaction of TEQIP program
2. Reviewed a book entitled “Principles of Environmental Engineering Science” authored
by M.L. Davis and Susan J Masten, 2nd Edn., 2009, McGraw-Hill Publishers, New-
3. Reviewer for research article submitted to various Journal, Elsevier publishers,
England, IWA, UK.
4. Reviewed manuscripts submitted to 2nd International Conference on Current Trends in
Technology NUiCONE 2011 held at Institute of Technology, Nirma Univeristy,
Ahmedabad, India during December 8-10, 2011.
5. M.Tech. thesis examiner (external) for MIT, Manipal and SJCE, Mysore. PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
1. Manu B and Sanjeev Chaudhari,"Anaerobic Decolorisation of Simulated Textile
Wastewater Containing Azo Dyes ", Bioresource Technology,Vol. 83, No.3, pp. 225-233,
2002 (cited by 119 times in www.scopus.com ; world’s largest database for scientific
and technical articles).
2. Manu B and Sanjeev Chaudhari,"Decolorization of Indigo and Azo Dyes in Semi-
Continuous Reactors With Long Hydraulic Retention Time ", Process Biochemistry,Vol.
38, No.8, pp. 1213-1221, 2003 (cited by 113 times in www.scopus.com ; world’s largest
database for scientific and technical articles).
3. Manu B, “Physico-Chemical Treatment of Indigo Dye Wastewater”, Coloration Technology, Vol. 127, No. 3, pp. 197-202, 2007. (cited by 13 times in www.scopus.com ; world’s largest database for scientific and technical articles) 4. Manu, B., Mahamood, Vittal, H and Shrihari, S. (2011). “A novel catalytic route to degrade paracetamol by Fenton process.” Int. J. Res. Chem. Environ.,
1 (1), 157-164. 5. Manu, B. and Mahamood. (2011). “Enhanced degradation of paracetamol by UV-C supported photo-Fenton process over Fenton oxidation.” Water Sci. Technol
., 64 (12), 2433 - 2438. 6. Manu, B. and Mahamood. (2011). “Degradation of Paracetamol in Aqueous Solution by Fenton Oxidation and Photo-Fenton Oxidation Processes Using Iron from Laterite Soil as Catalyst.” Int. J. Earth sci. Eng
., 4 (6), 1103 - 1110. 7. Shrikant, S. J., S. Shrihari and B. Manu. (2012). “Reuse of Textile Mill Sludge in Cement Based Solid Blocks”, International J. of Engg. Research & Indu. Appls., 5 (3), 213-224. 8. Basavaraju Manu and Mahamood (2012), “Degradation Kinetics of Diclofenac in Water by Fenton’s Oxidation”, Journal of Sustainable Energy & Environment, 3, 173-176 9. Rahul Karale, Basavaraju Manu and S.Shrihari (2013), “Degradation of Toxic 2-Aminopyridine Pharmaceutical Compound from Aqueous Environments Using Advanced Fenton and Photo-Fenton Oxidation Processes”, International Journal of Advanced Technology in Civil Engineering, 2(1), 34-38. 10. Rahul Karale, Basavaraju Manu and S.Shrihari (2013), “Catalytic Use of Laterite Iron for Degradation of 2-Aminopyridine Using Advanced Oxidation Processes”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 4(5), 207-210. 11. Vijay Kumar Pujar and B.Manu (2013), “Biodegradation of Bromopyridine Using Sequential Batch Reactors”, International Journal of Environmental Research and Development, 3(7), 73-77. 12. Rahul S.Karale, Basavaraju Manu, S.Shrihari (2013), “Fenton and Photo-Fenton Oxidation Processes For Degradation of 3-Aminopyridine From Water”, APCBEE Proceedia, Article in press. 13. Vinayak Patki, S.Shrihari and B.Manu (2013), “Fuzzy system modelling for forecasting Water Quality Index in Municipal Distribution System”, Urban Water, Article in press. 14. Vinayak K. Patki, S. Shrihari and B. Manu (2013), “Water Quality Index in Municipal Distribution System for Solapur city, Maharashtra State, India”, International Journal of Environmental Protection, Article in press.
15. Shrikant S Jahagirdar, S. Shrihari and B. Manu, (2013) "Reuse of Textile Mill Sludge
in Burnt Clay Bricks", International Journal of Advanced Technology in Civil
Engineering, 2(1), 96-99.
16. Shrikant S Jahagirdar, S. Shrihari and B. Manu, (2013) "Utilization of Textile Mill
Sludge in Burnt Clay Bricks", International Journal of Environmental Protection, 3 (5),
6-13 PUBLICATIONS IN NATIONAL JOURNALS
1. Basavaraju Manu and Mahamood. (2012), “Fenton’s oxidation of amoxicillin in
water”, NITK Research Bulletin, 21 (2), 30-38.
2. Rahul Karale, Basavaraju Manu and S.Shrihari. (2013), "Treatment Options for
Pharmaceutical Wastewater Containing Toxic Pyridine Compunds: A Review", NITK
PROCEEDINGS IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
1. Manu B and Sanjeev Chaudhari,"Anaerobic and Hydrogen Peroxide Decolourization
of Azo Dyes: A Comparative Evaluation”, Proceedings of the 28th WEDC International
Conference on Sustainable Environmental Sanitation and Water Services, 18-22nd
November, Kolkata, India, 2002 (Oral presentation)
2. Ganesha A and Manu B, “Characterisation and Treatment of a Fish Processing
Industry Wastewater: A Case Study”, Third International Ground Water Conference
(IGC-2007) on Water, Environment and Agriculture – Present Problems and Future
Challenges, 7-10th February, Coimbatore, India, 2007 (Oral presentation).
3. Manu B, “Performance Evaluation of an Anaerobic Sequencing Batch Reactor Fed
with Rice Mill Industry Wastewater”, International Conference on New Horizons in
Biotechnology (NHBT 2007), NIST, Trivandrum, Kerala, India 26-29 November, 2007.
4. Manu B, "Environmental Implications of an Inverted Ecological Pyramid", Role of
Engineering Towards a Better Environment 08 (RETBE08),Faculty of Engineering,
Alexandria University, Egypt, 20-22 December 2008.
5. B. Manu and Sujay S, “Laterite Soil As A Source of Iron Catalyst During Fenton’s
Oxidation of Nitrophenol Containing Aqueous Solutions”, International Conference on
Recent Trends in Materials and Characterization (RETMAC 2010), NITK, Surathkal
during 14-15th February 2010.
.S. and Basavaraju. Manu, “Treatment of 2- Fluorophenol
Aqueous Solutions Using. Fenton's Reagent, International Conference on "Emerging
Technologies for Sustainable Environment" held at Aligarh Muslim University, during
October 29-30, 2010.
7. Mohd Omair, Mahamood and Basavaraju Manu, “Biodegradation of Selected
Pharmaceutical Chemicals Using SBR”, 3rd International Geography Congress, held at
CWRDM, Calicut, Kerala, India during 6-8th May, 2011.
8. Riyaz Ahammed and Basavaraju Manu, “Biodegradation of 2-Chlorophenol and 2.4-
Dichlorophenol using Sequential Batch Reactor”, 3rd International Geography Congress,
held at CWRDM, Calicut, Kerala, India during 6-8th May, 2011.
9. Basavaraju Manu and Mohammed Yaseen, “Degradation of Nitrophenol in Water by
sequential Anaerobic-Aerobic Treatment”, International conference on Ecological,
Environmental and Biological Sciences (ICEEBS 2012), Dubai, UAE, 7-8th January,
10. Basavaraju Manu and Nagaraj K, “Biodegradation of Acetaminophen by Microbial
Consortium of Domestic Sewage Sludge”, IV International Conference on
Environmental, Industrial and Applied Microbiology (BIOMICROWORLD 2011)
Malaga Spain, 14-16th September, 2011.
11. Rahul.S. Karale, Basavaraju Manu and S.Shrihari, “Fenton and Photo-Fenton
Oxidation Processes to Degrade 3-Aminopyridine from Aqueous Environments -Novel
Catalytic Use of Laterite Iron” International conference on recent advances in material
science & technology-2013 (ICRAMST-13) January 17 to 19 , 2013,
12. Evaluation of Impact of Genotoxic Pollutants in the Term of DNA Integrity in Nerita
along the Goa Coast Vipin Singh, B.Manu, Madhyastha MN and A.Sarkar
International conference on recent advances in material science & technology-2013
(ICRAMST-13) January 17 to 19 , 2013,
NITK, Surathkal, Karnataka, India.
13. Basavaraju Manu and Dibya Ranjan Dash, Biodegradation of fluorophenol using
sequential batch reactor, 4th IWA Asia Pacific Young Water Professional (APYWP 2012)
conference, Miraikan, Tokyo, Japan during 7-10, December, 2012.
14. Basavaraju Manu and Udaya A.K. “Photo-Fenton’s Oxidation of Chlorophenols
Containing Aqueous Solution”, 2nd International conference on Advanced Oxidation
Processes, 2012 held at Kottayam, Kerala from 5-8th October 2012.
15. Rahul Karale, Basavaraju Manu and S.Shrihari, “Degradation of Toxic 2-
Aminopyridine Pharmaceutical Compound From Water Matrix Using Advanced Fenton
and Photo-Fenton Oxidation Processes”, 2nd International Conference on Recent Trends
in Engineering and Technology (ICTRET 2013) held at SNJB’s Late Sau. Kantabai
Bhavarlalji Jain College of Engineering , Chandwad, Nashik, Maharashtra, India during
22nd to 24th February, 2013.
16. Rekha Rao, B.Manu and C.V.Rao, “Toxicity Study of Amoxicillin in Freshwater Fish Cyprinus Carpio
”, Environmental Health, 3-6th March, 2013, Boston, USA.
17. Vijay Kumar Pujar and B.Manu, “Biodegradation of Bromopyridine Using Sequential
Batch Reactor”, International Conference on Sustainable Innovative Techniques in Civil
and Environmental Engineering (SITCEE 2013) held at JNU, New Delhi during 5-6th
June, 2013. PROCEEDINGS IN NATIONAL CONFERENCE
1. Manu B, “Municipal Solid Waste Management Options for a Newly Formed and
Rapidly Growing Indian Urban City/Municipality, Enviro 2006 National Conference on
Environmental Degradation and Pollution Control and 23rd National Convention of IPHE
on Environmental Engineering (23NCEE), 28-30th December, Coimbatore, India, 2006.
(Oral presentation, Also chaired a technical session).
2. Manu B and Vineet VijayKumar, “Enviro-Health Impacts of Manufacture and Use of
Cell Phones”, MACRO-08: National Conference on Eco-Friendly Plastics and Rubber
Systems (NCEPRS), SJCE, Mysore, Karnataka, India, 19-20th May, 2008.
3. Manu B, "Potable Water Management of a Coastal City: A Unique Case Study of
Mangalore", Indian Engineering Congress, NIT Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India, 11-14
4. S. Sanjeev and B.Manu, “Treatment of Fluorophenol containing Aqueous Solution
Using Fenton’s Reagent”, The National Conference on Sustainable Water Resources
Management (SWaRM2010), held at NITK, Surathkal during 7-9th January 2010.
5. Manu, B. and Mahamood. “Advanced Oxidation of Diclofenac in Aqueous Solution by
Fenton Process: Use of Iron Extracted from Lateritic Soil as Catalyst.” 27th Convention
of Environmental Engineers on “Green Technology”, Institution of Engineers (India),
Mangalore, Karnataka State, India, 24 – 25 January, 2012, 1 – 9.
6 .Manu, B. and Mahamood, “Fenton’s Oxidation of Diclofenac in Water: A Kinetic
Study.” National Conference on Contemporary Civil Engineering Research & Practices
(CCERP – 2012), Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Karnataka State, India, 20 –
21 April, 2012, 508 – 517.
7.Vinyak Patki, S.Shrihari and B.Manu, “Soft Computing for Water Quality Assessment
and Prediction”, 27th Convention of Environmental Engineers on “Green Technology”,
Institution of Engineers (India), Mangalore, Karnataka State, India, 24 – 25 January,
8. B. Manu and Anupama, “Treatment of Coffee Wastewater Using Sequential
Anaerobic-aerobic-Advanced Oxidation Processes for Possible Reuse/Recycle”,
Conference on Water Conservation and Management (WCM-2011) held at NITK,
Surathkal on March 22nd 2011.
9. Indresh N and B.Manu, “Fenton’s Oxidation for the Treatment of Water containing
Phenlyenediamines”, Conference on Water Conservation and Management (WCM-2011)
held at NITK, Surathkal on March 22nd 2011.
10. Arindam Sinha Roy, B. Manu, S. Shrihari, Rahul Karale, “Degradation of 2-
Pyridineamine Using Photo-Fenton Oxidation”, National Coference on New Horizons in
Civil Engineering – NHCE 2013, April 12-13, 2013, M.I.T, Manipal
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS, TRAINING PROGRAMMES: ORGANISED,
1. Co-ordinator, "Two Day Workshop on "Training of Environmental Science and
Engineering Professor (How to conduct courses in Environmental Management and
Sustainability)", September 20-21, 2013, sponsored by TEQIP-II, NITK, Surathkal.
2.Co-ordinator, “Two-Day Workshop on "Disaster Management of Floods and
Consequences Thereof in Coastal Regions and Food and Water Security”, February 4-5,
2013 jointly organized by NITK, Surathkal and IEI Mangalore Local centre.
3. WORLD WATER DAY-2007, “Coping With Water Scarcity”, A Half-day Technical
Programme held at MIT, Manipal on 23th March, 2007. (Co-organiser)
4. IIT Bombay National Conference on Advances in Environmental Science and
Engineering, Organised by Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering (CESE),
December 8-9, 2003, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Mumbai. (Organizing
5. “Sustainable Development for Smaller Footprint”, National seminar organized by
Department of Civil Engineering, MIT, Manipal, March 8-9, 2007 (Organizing
6.Two-Day workshop on Geoinformatics for Natural Resources Management,Department
of Applied Mechanics and Hydraulics, NITK, Surathkal, 30-31st Januray, 2013
Number of short term courses conducted
1. CCE-NITK refresher course “Low Cost Design of Wastewater Treatment”
for PWD engineers, Government of Karnataka (17 participants) at NITK, Surathkal
during 26/07/2010 to 30/07/2010.
2. CCE-NITK refresher course “Environmental Impact Assessment” for PWD engineers,
Government of Karnataka (12 participants) at NITK, Surathkal during 08/08/2011 to
Number of AICTE short term courses attended
1. AICTE and ISTE, New-Delhi sponsored Summer School on Recent Development in
Advanced Materials, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NITK, Surathkal during
16-21 june, 2008 and Faculty Awareness Camp on Entrepreneurship during 22-24, june
2. AICTE-MHRD, New Delhi sponsored Summer School on Water Resources
Development and Management, Department of Applied Mechanics and Hydraulics,
NITK, Surathkal during 28th July to 8th August, 2008.
3. AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Program on Environmental Impact
Assessment of Infrastructural Projects, NIT Calicut during 25-30th May, 2009.
4. AICTE-MHRD sponsored Summer school on Soft Computing Techniques in Water
Resources Engineering, Department of Applied Mechanics and Hydrulics, NITK,
Surathkal during 5-9th July, 2010.
5. AICTE-MHRD sponsored Summer school on Fuzzy Logic, Genetic Algorithm with
Wavelet Transformation in Civil Engineering, Department of Applied Mechanics and
Hydrulics, NITK, Surathkal during 27th June to 1st July, 2011.
INVITED EXPERT/GUEST LECTURES DELIVERED
1. Colour Removal of Azo Dye Wastewater Using Biological Methods For Possible Reuse/Recycle – A guest lecture delivered on 20/08/2007 in department of Civil engineering at College of Kopargaon, Kopargaon, Maharashtra. 2. Sequential Anaerobic-Aerobic Treatment of Azo Dye Wastewater for Possible Reuse/Recycle on 25/11/2008, North Dakota State University, USA. 3. Environmental Quality Monitoring Using Software Technology on 18/02/2009 at ESCI Hyderabad 4. Advanced Environmental Management during 16-18/03/2009 at SDMCET, Dharwad. 5. “Vehicular Air Pollution” - Vehicular Air Pollution Control Week, Organised by RTO, Mangalore at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore on 7/11/2011
Working experience of vast number of instruments related to sampling and analysis of
water and wastewater including High-Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC), Gas
Chromatograph (GC), Atomic Absorption Spectro-Photometer (AAS), Fourier-
Transformed Infra Red Spectroscopy (FT-IR), UV-Visible Spectrophotometer, etc.
Design Effluent treatment plants for fish meal industry, plywood manufacturing industry,
town municipal corporation.
Knowledge of C, C++, Fortran, Windows and Unix, Windows applications such as MS
Office, Water Supply Design Software packages and Wastewater Treatment Design
Software packages. EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
a) Attended and participated in various workshops and conferences organized at the
department and institute level.
b) Efficient in technical report writing and presenting it.
c) Would like to lead a team and/or would like to work in a team in executing a project or
organizing an event.
d) Practicing yoga/meditation, public speaking and watching nature related programs on
1. Senior Member (100194 – 2011) – Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological and
Environmental Engineering Society (APCBEES), Singapore.
2. Life Member (LM.No.133), Society of Environmental Chemistry and Allied Sciences,
Kottayam, Kerala, India.
3. Life Member (LM 57065), Indian Society for Technical Association, New-Delhi, India
4. Life Member (LM 6754), Indian Water Works Association, Mumbai, India.
5. Life Member (LM-1087), National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi,
6. Member, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology
7. Life Member (027-KAR21-L09125) – Youth Hostels Association of India, New-Delhi,
When Will the U.S. Flinch at Cancer Drug Prices? not responded to other treatments, based pinned on the targeted therapies—those that aim directly at cancer cells or that cut off a tumor’s blood supply without Erbitux (cetuximab), Tarceva (erlotinib), Colon Cancer Leads the Way Still, the future will likely bring more priced at thousands of dollars per month therapies. Tarc
ZELIG RAISES FUNDS FOR CESVI WITH VODAFONE OMNITEL’S SUPER SOLIDARITY MESSAGE FUNDS RAISED SINCE APRIL 2002 SUFFICIENT TO SAVE OVER 600 BABIES Vodafone Omnitel and Zelig have joined forces for CESVI , an independent Italian humanitarian aid organisation, to support its “Let’s stop AIDS in its tracks” campaign. Since March 2002 Vodafone Omnitel has supported CESVI