Microsoft word - dr khezri-cv.doc
ABDUL-AZIZ KHEZRI, MD
Professor of Surgeurry Address
Department of Urology Medical School Shiraz University of Medical Scinces
Place of Birth:
Iran Date of Birth:
March, 1935 Marital Stauts:
Education and Professional Experience:
1958-1965 Medical School of Shiraz University, Iran, including 12 months
1965-1969 Residency in General Surgery at Shiraz university, including 12 months of
Chief Residency. Passed Iranain General Surgery Board Examination in July 1969.
Full-time member in the Department of Surgery, Medical School of Pahlavi University, Shiraz, with intertest in Urology. During this time I gained a vast amount of surgical and teaching experiences in the field of Urology.
1975-1979 A Senior Registrar of Urology at the Universtiy of Bristol main hospital
This was the necessary training for specialization in Urology after full training and speciality in general surgery in the U.K. (I had passed Iranian board of genral surgery in Iran , which was accredited by GMC, 3 years Senior Registrar in Urology and MSc degree in tumor Immunology in UK) These qualifications accredited as Board certified Urologist in Iran. During this period I did very many operations, including both open and endoscopic surgery. In this period I also did 12 months of full-time laboratory research in the Urology Division of the Department of Surgery, in the field of Allograft Tumour transplantation, for which I was awarded
the M.Sc. degree, after passing the necessary exams, from the University of Bristol.
1979- 1981 Member of the Department of Surgery a full time consultant, Division of
Urology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran.
Head of the Department of Urology University of Medical Sciences Vice- dean of medical school in Research affair for 12 years.
Membership of Organizations and Institutions:
1) Iranian Association of Urological Surgeons
2) Member of Iranian Ministry of Higher Education and Science Council for
3) British Association of urological Srugeons
4) Member of Iranian ministry of higher education and Sciences Council for
5) International Association of Urology.
6) Member of Research Council of Shiraz University of Medical Science
7) Member of Shiraz Univesity of Medical Sciences Council
8) Chief of Urology society of southern provinces of Iran
9) Member of Shiraz University graduate (Alumni)
10) Member of University of Bristol graduate (Alumni)
11) Member of Ureaupean Urological Socienty
9 ECFMG Cerificate 9 Appointed as a clinical teacher in Urology at the University of Bristol. I was also
offered a permanent Universtity position upon the completion of my training there in 1978.
9 Member of the Editorial Board of the Iranian Journal of medical Science 9 Member of the Editorial Board of the Iranian Journal of Urology (Recently
9 Member of Cancer Institute of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Supervision of 6 M D theses
26 theses of Urology speciality
1 Ph D thesis
1 M Sc thesis
1. Khezri AA, et al: Carcinoma of the penis British Journal of Urology 1978, 50: 272-
2. Khezri AA, et al: Primary malignant Melanoma of the penis British journal of
3. Khezri, AA, et al: Balanitis xerotica obliterans British Journal of Urology 1979, 51:
4. Khezri AA: Direct vision Urethrotomy-a simple method for Urethral stricture Iranian
Journal of Medical Science 1983, 3: 77-80
5. Khezri AA, et al: The use of pig mononuclear cells to inhibit Pulmonary tumour
formation following intravenous injection of tumour cells into isogenic mice Journal of Surgical Research 1984, 37: 354
6. Khezri, AA, et al: Balanitis xerotica obliterans on the stump of amputated
penisBritish Journal of Urology 1986, 38: 453-454
7. Khezri AA: Kumar PV: Epidermoid cysts of testis British Journal of Urology 1986,
8. Khezri AA: Endourethral Urethroplasty. A simple method for treatment of urethral
stricture. Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences 1986, 13: 13
9. Kumar PV, Khezri AA: Pure testicular Rhabdomyosarcoma British Journal of
10. Khezri AA: Experience with 41 cases of rupture of urinary bladder in Shiraz medical
Journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran 1989, 3: 31
11. Khezri AA, Tadauon AR: Experience with 18 cases of Fourniers disease Iranian
Journal of medical Sciences 1990, 16: 150
12. Khezri AA, Kumar PV, Tabei SZ: oligospermia, azoospermia and testicular atrophy
due to chemical warfare Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences 1991, 16: 24.
13. Manaheji F, khezri AA: Experience with bladder neck incision to relieve bladder
outlet obstruction Medical Journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran 1991 5:101-103
14. Khezri AA, Kumar PV: Primary papillary adenocarcinoma of the renal pelvis, a
young boy. Iranian Journal of Meddical Sciences 1992, 17: 24
15. Tadayon. A Khezri AA. Fournier gangrene Iranian Journal of Urology (Farsi) 1992
16. Kumar PV, Kazemi H, Khezri AA: Testicular embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma,
diagnosed by fine needle aspiration Acta Cytologica 1994 38, 237
17. Hesami SM, Khezri AA: Bilateral Epidydimal metastasis as a manifestation of colon
carcinoma Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences 1995, 20: 127
18. Kumar PV, Owgi SM and Khezri AA Tuberculous orchio-diagnosis by fine needle
aspiration cytology Acta Cytology 1996, 40: 123
19. Hodjjati H, Khezri AA A new modified surgical approach in lymphoedema of the
penis and scrotum medical Journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran 1996, 10
20. Amirghofran Z, Khezri AA and Mohamadi S: Expression of HLA Class 1 and 2,
ICAM-1 and CD 44 in transitional cell carcinoma of bladder Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences 1997, 22: 142
21. Amirghofran z, Khezri AA, Mohammadi S: Association between Class 2 antigen and
transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder Urologia 1997, 64.
22. Kamali Sarvistani E, Khezri AA et al: A simplitied and reproducible two step
method for the purification of prostate-specific antigen Iranian Biomedical Journal 1999, 3 : 87-91
23. Fattahi MR, Khezri AA: Rupture of Urinary bladder-an experience with 55 cases in
Shiraz Medical Journal of the Islamic republic of Iran 2000, 14: 127-131.
24. Hesami SM, Khezri AA, Tavassali: A primary paraganglioma of the urinary bladder
A case report . Archive of Iranian Medical Journal. 2002.2.2:129.
25. Khezri AA, Shirazi M, and Khezri S Urine Cytology in dagnosis of urinary tract
disease Urology Today ( Farsi ) 2002 vol 2 No 5
26. Khezri AA, Shirazi M, and Khezri S Urine Cytology in dagnosis of urinary tract
disease Urology Today ( Farsi ) 2002 Vol 2 No 6
27. History of medicine in Iran (published in a book under supervision of Iranian Heritage)
28. Hesami, SM, Khezri, AA .Seminal Vesicle Cyst case report Submitted to Archive of Iranian Medical Journal (AIM) 29. Irani.D, Ghasem Khani. G, Khezri. AA preservation of normal ejaculation after TURP. Iranian J. of urology. 34.37-40, 2002(in farsi) 30. Irani. D, Zeighami. S, Khezri. AA , Result of dermal patch graft in the treatment of peyronies disease, Urology Journal. 2004 2, 101-106 31. Irani. D, Heidari. M, Khezri. AA, The efficacy of intravescical Bacillus calmette-Guerin in the treatment of female patient with interstitial cystitis, Urology Journal 2004 2, 90-93. 32. Salehi Pour M, Khezri AA. Left renal vein transposition for treatment of the nutcracker syndrome. Archives of Iranian Medical Journal 2006;9:161-2. 33. Amirghofran, Z. Khezri AA, Appoptosis in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder and its relation to proliferation and expression of P53 and Bcl2. Patol.Oncol.Res. 2004, 10(3154-8). 34. Salehpour . M. Khezri AA. Askari R. Primary Realignment of Posterior Urethral Rupture . Urology Journal 2005, vol2 211-215. 35. Shakeri S, Aminsharifi. A, Khezri A.A.Can tymic tissue induce tolerance to renal allograft. urololgy journal. 2005 vol2, 148-152. 36. Khezri AA. Chemicals and Infertility at a Glance (Editorial). Iranian Journal of Medical Science. Vol. 130,No4, December 2005. 37. Saleh poor. M. Khezri A- etal. Open dismeberd tubularuzed flap pyeloplasty an effective and simple opreation for treatment of ureteropelvic junction obstruction . Uroalogia internationalis 2005. 38. Shirazi M, Hassanpour A, Khezri AA, et al. Evaluationof local side effects of captopril gel in the rabbit model. JApp Animal Res 2007;31:197-9. 39. Salehi Pour M, Khezri AA, et al. Ischemic pre conditioning protects the dog kidney from ischemia reperusion. Injury Uorologia Int 2007;79: 328-31. 40. Salehipour M, Khezri AA, Rasekhi AR, et al. The nutcracker syndrome: an undrdiagnosed cause for high grade varicocele. Iran J Med Sci 2007; 32: 151-4. 41. Shirazi M. KhezriA. Effect of Captopril gell after internal urethrotomy in recurence of uretheral stricture. Submitted.
42. Geramizadeh B, Khezri A, Shariat M. Renal carcinoid tumor. Saudi J Kidney Dis
Transpl. 2009 May, 20(3): 462-4
43. Khezri AA, ShiraziM, Ayatollahi SM, Lotfi M, Askarian M, Ariafar A, AfrasiabiMA.
Age specific reference levels of serum prostate-specific antigen prostate volume and
prostate density in healthy Iranian men. Iran J Immunol. 2009 Mar; 6(1): 40-8
44. KhezriA, Yazdani M, MonabbatiA, Haghpanah S, Application of amniotic
membrane as exenograft for urethroplasty in rabbit Shaderi S, Haghpanah A,
Malekmadan: int Urol Nephrol. 2009 Feb20. (Epub ahead of print)
45. Aminsharifi A, Taddayun A, Assadolahpoor A, Khezri A.
Combined use of Mathieu procedure with plate incision for hypospadias repair: a
randomized . Urology. 2008 Aug; 72(2): 305-8. Epub 2008 May 27.
1) Incidence of undescended testis in Shiraz school children. Khezri AA and
2) TB of GU tract Khajadehi and khezri AA
3) Coagulum pyelolithotomy Khezri AA and Homayoon K
4) The investigation of antigenic determinant of HLA system, bladder group
antigens and some adhesion molecules in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder Amirghofran Z and Khezri AA
5) Prospective study of smiple flap valve for continent diversion in adult
cystectomized patient with bladder cancer or neurogenic bladder Khezri AA and Rastegari M (submitted)
6) A comprehensive review of patients with prostatic enlargement (syptoms, sign,
7) Effect of Captopril in Preventing of Renal Fibrosis
8) A comprehensive review of patients with prostatic enlargement (symptoms, sign,
9) Effect of captopil Gel affter internal Urethrotomy in Recurrence of Urethral
10) Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen 4 (CTLA-4) gene Polymorphism in patients
with Superficial and muscle invasive bladder cancer. Institute of cancer Research
Autologous Transplantation of tissue engineered Urotherlium into
demuscularized ileal segments for experimental bladder wall reconstruction. Institute of cancer Research
12) Comparison of renal ischemia outcome between Preconditioning method and
13) 13. Incidence of clinical prostate cancer in male elder than 50y/o in Shiraz: a
longitudinal prospective study. Institute of cancer Research
Presentation of papers and lectures in National and Internatioal Seminars and
1) Bladder replacement after radical cystectomy Ahmad E and Khezri AA First
International Seminar, Teharn 10-14 November 1987. (This Procedure done for the first time in Asia.
2) Immunology in GU tumours Khezri AA, International Urological Seminar 10-14
3) Review of Fourniers diseases in Shiraz Taddayon A and Khezri AA, International
4) A GU survey on war injured paraplegic patients Eghbal M and Khezri AA,
Second International Urological Seminalr Tabriz 1991
5) Experience with Indiana pouch in Shiraz Manaheji F and Khezri AA Third
nternational Urological Seminar Tehran 20-23 November 1995
6) Reconstructive surgery on injured ureter Khezri AA and Shakeri S, third
International Urological Seminar Tehran 1995
7) Repair of visco-vaginal fistula Ahmad E and Khezri AA, Third International
8) Tumour markers in GU malignancy Khezri AA, Third International Urological
9) Incidence of Urinary Stones in Shiraz AA. Shahabi Aski. 9 th Internation
Geogrphyic Medicine Congress Shiraz 1996.
10) Bilatral E pididymal Metastasis as a manifestation of colon carcinoma Hesami
.SM. Khezri . AA. 9 th Internation Geogrphyic Medicine Congress Shiraz 1996.
11) Preservation of normal ejaculation after TURP: Irani D. Khezri AA. 5 th national
Urololgical congress Tehran. April 2002.
12) The Use of calfman II & Stamey techenque (a new method) for treatment of
Urinary inconturency ofter prostatectomy 5 th national Urololgical congress Tehran. April 2002.
13) The use of Pubo-vaginal Fascial Sling in the Treatment of SUI in females Irani D.
Khezri AA. 5 t national Urololgical congress Tehran. April 2002.
14) The use of dermal graft in peyronies disease Irani D. Khezri AA. 5 th national
Urololgical congress Tehran. April 2002.
15) A new method of pyeloplasty. Shakeri S. Parvizi and Khezri AA. 5 th national
Urololgical congress Tehran. April 2002.
16) Effect of BCG Thearapy in intersticial cystitis Irani D. Khezri AA. Heidari AM.
Irani D. Khezri AA. 5 th national Urololgical congress Tehran. April 2002.
17) Speaker and Contribution in all Pannel discussion of National and Internation
18) Guest English Speaker at Last International Urological Congress held by
European Urological Society Regarding gas in GU tract. April 2005. Tehran.
19) Incidence of Nutcracker syndrome in the patients with primary high grade and
recrrent varicocele . Salehipoor. M, Khezri. A, et al. 9th Congress (International) Iranian Urological Association. Tehran June 6-9, 2006.
20) Ischaemic preconditioning protects the kidney form ischaemic reperfusion injury
in dogs. Salehipour. M., MD., Khezri A., et al. 9th Congress (International) Iranian Urological Association. Tehran June 6-9, 2006.
21) Age specific reference levels of serum prostate-specific antigen and prostate
volume and prostate specific antigen density in healthy Iranian men. 9th Congress (International) Iranian Urological Association. Tehran June 6-9, 2006.
GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT EDUC500.621: Basics of Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (1 credit) Spring/2012 Tuesday - Saturday/12-6pm January 17th – January 21st 2012 Loudoun Academy of Science– Dominon High School, Sterling, VA. Instructor: Dr. Geraldine Grant Phone: 703-993-4292 703-993-4393 [email protected]
Kurzanleitung zur Tumorschmerztherapie 7. Versorgung mit Betäubungsmitteln / Aspekte der BtMVV 9. Invasive und weiterführende Verfahren 10. Antineoplastische und interventionel -supportive Therapie zur Schmerzlinderung 13. Weiterführende Informationsangebote 14. „Auf einen Blick“: Schemata und Tabel en Redaktion und Mitwirkende: S. Wirz, M. Schenk, W. Diemer, M. Dreyhaupt, G. Ittin